Mr Don the Science Guy


I'm putting together a message that I'll teach at my home church next week on the size of the Universe! Today my daughter and I did a project I found online that brings home how vast our little Solar System is. I found it fascinating reading, but even more fascinating doing! You can read about it here.
My mind is boggling over the vastness of space and how this little speck of dust in the universe was the home for a few years of the God of the universe in human flesh. And when he walked those dusty streets he said things like "God has every hair on your head numbered." Wow! How the Creator can even care about such an insignificant corner of the universe is beyond my apprehension. But to think that He actually KNOWS and is CONCERNED about me once again makes me remember how small I am and how BIG God is.
And that's a good thing.

PS (Added October 18) You can listen to the message I was referring to above HERE. Search for "Your God is Too Small" if it is no longer visible when you pull up the page.

Comments

Unknown said…
Uncle Don . . . if you haven't already, you should try and pick up a copy of Louie Giglio's "How Great is Our God" message. It's right down that alley! One of the best sermons I've heard in a while! Miss you guys a lot!!

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing happens the same way twice

Becoming more aware (a prayer of gratefulness)

The Shack